Kids Clothes Week went by far too quickly and I only got a pair of shorts made for Maddy from remnants of fabric. The shorts pattern is 134 from Burda 06/11. I didn’t have enough blue linen left from Dom’s trousers to make a complete pair of shorts so used some other scraps and I’m pleased with the end result. The pockets are lined with a floral print to add a girly touch.Maddy’s not a girly girl so I have to take what I can get, hidden flowers will have to do. It took me ages to fit a zip (not very well) as I had to pull some of its teeth AND I’d never done a fly zipper before. The tabs were also a pain, as the point wouldn’t run under my buttonhole foot, so I had to improvise and use alternative fabric and square the ends instead. The fabric from Ikea was left over from the roman blinds I made for the dining room; I thought it would be a good idea to change the waistband to match the tabs so they would blend in. I think the shorts actually look better than they would have done had the tabs and waistband been navy.I was particularly pleased with the yoke at the back of the shorts but I made a massive mistake whilst making these – I never fitted them until everything was finished and they are too big. I don’t know whether to put them away or unpick and take them in, at least that way I can make a better job of the zip but they took sooo long. I have almost finished another outfit for her so I will decide when it’s done.