On Tuesday I took my end of module exam, so I now have about twenty hours a week that I didn’t have last week. It felt like it went ok, so hopefully when I get my result in August I’ll be happy. Open University is great for flexibility, but I somestimes struggle motivating myself. I am looking forward to the time off between now and October and I no longer need these, yay.
I decided to cut out the fabric for Maddy’s shorts that I had traced a little while ago; I also decided to make myself a dress, a very simple dress to get me going, but nevertheless something for me to wear. Both of these are now cut out ready to start tomorrow.
There was just enough fabric here for Maddy’s shorts, I only needed to use some scrap fabric for the pocket lining.
I’m not convinced about this fabric, but thought I would use it for the first sewing project for me for a long time. I bought it a couple of years ago from a sewing event at the Birmingham NEC and have never got round to using it. I also bought some lovely paisley fabric at the same time, but daren’t cut into that until I have made something else first. This pattern should be ok as there’s very little to fit. I have extended it by 4cm because the length looks too short for me to wear without leggings, but apart from that it is the same. I’m looking forward to making it tomorrow, but I don’t think I’ll be wearing it without leggings for a while yet as the weather is not great.
In the meantime I used an old shirt of Neil’s that was going in the charity bag and some more fabric that I’ve had for ages to make Maddy some pj’s. I bought the fabric as it was in the reduced bin, but I’ve never found anything it could suitably be used for before. It is perfect for pyjamas and she has gone to bed in them tonight so obviously a success.