Well the t-shirt is finished and Maddy loves it. It has already been washed, dried and ironed ready to wear. I have learned how to sew stretchy fabric, not mastered it yet, but I’m pleased with my first effort. The pattern (Imke) has options for changes and tomorrow I will be cutting and making a start on Dominic’s. He has chosen a navy jersey. It will have a round hood and just the straight, full length sleeves. If it turns out ok I may order some more fabric and run up a couple with short sleeves and a ribbed neck.
I am so please to be taking part in Kids Clothes Week, it has given me the push to get sewing again. I have never made very much but have always enjoyed having a go. I intend to continue sewing regularly and trying out new fabrics and techniques. I have spent a couple of hours each day so far on the challenge and this isn’t sustainable on a regular basis, but three to four hours a week is. At that rate I will surely have reduced my stash and have some new clothes. Winner!